Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Introducing...Wink Designs

Name: Marina Roussel

Store name/label:
Wink Designs

Where to buy: www.winkhandmade.etsy.com

Located: Sydney

I've been designing and making children's gifts (aprons, art totes, cushions, soft toys and stationery) for about 3 years (casually) and 18 months (in earnest!).



Inspiration: I was first inspired when I discovered the wonderful world of quilting fabrics and started to experiment with colours and patterns to make things for my eldest daughter. My 2 gorgeous girls now inspire me on a daily basis.



When not creating I look after my family, read (especially craft books and magazines!), cook, enjoy the lovely outdoors around Sydney's parks and beaches and, as we love to travel, try to get away on the odd holiday.

First item sold: A linen cushion with Russian Doll (Matryoshka) applique. They're still my most popular item today.



Favourite item created: A red, white and blue tote bag with French inspired fabrics, trims and vintage buttons.

You can also see Marina's fabulous blog here: Tips and tales from the studio



3 comments:

Lou said...

Gorgeous things - so clever! Love the little cherry apron and the fabric for the pencil holder is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic pencil holder, very cute indeed!

Jen said...

Gorgeous designs, I am so in love with the apron, the cherries and the blue polka dots are lovely together!
Jen