Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introducing...Twinkle Star Art

Store name/label: Twinkle Star Art

Where to buy: www.twinklestarart.etsy.com

Where are you located? Brisbane, Australia

How long have you been drawing and designing? I have been drawing since a small child and a professional graphic designer for 15 years after graduating from the Queensland College of Art.

What inspired you to get started? My Father inspired me to draw when I was little, he is a very talented artist. He was a screen printer and sign writer by trade and also illustrated comic strips for The Australian.

What do you do when you’re not creating? I'm a mother of three small children which keeps me very busy during daylight hours. I love spending time with my family and friends. (I probably should pay more attention to the dreaded housework.)

Do you remember the first item you sold? Yes - my Woolly Mammoth Dream limited edition art print. I sold it to a lady in the United States.


What is your favourite item you have created? My Paris Collection. It's hanging on my daughter's bedroom wall. I think it's really playful, featuring a little girl wearing her mother's oversized shoes which just happen to match her pet poodle.


The item that has most meaning to me is my Kissing Frogs illustration as this was the very first artwork I completed for my Twinkle Star Art shop.


Thank you Amanda! (I've had Amanda's artwork bookmarked for ages, I simply can't decide which I like the best, they are just gorgeous!)

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow - I love being introduced to new Australian artists. These prints are fabulous!

Callum would love this one! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19576833

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Kathryn for featuring me on your blog. Your site looks amazing and is very interesting. cheers, Amanda

Melanie said...

What a fantastic artist. I love the mammoth picture so so much

rubyredstudios said...

Kathryn thanks soo much for the lovely interview with Amanda. I'm lovin' all her new twinkley art work - especially the woolly Mammoth!

2009 is going to be your year Miss A.

xHelen

Anonymous said...

Love the Paris collection looks great!
Jemma

Hey Harriet said...

Great Twinkle Star Art feature. Amanda is such a talent and I love what she does. Not only is Amanda super talented, but she's also a super nice person! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great interview. Amanda's art captures so much of what is so nice about childhood.

Hot Fudge said...

What a lovely feature. However, in my case, you are preaching to the converted. I am already a very satisfied customer and can vouch for Amanda's beautiful art work.

Courtley said...

I love the Paris collection. Absolutely LOVE it!