Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Guest Blogger - Michelle

I have been looking for great linen and bedroom accessories as we are currently starting the process of decorating our daughter Charlotte’s big girl room.

SO many of the kids sheet and quilt sets out there are just... Well they are licensed... Or they have so much pink they make even me want to turn down the “pink-o-meter”.

So I began searching for something handmade and pretty... I didn’t have an awful lot of luck to begin with, but did find this...

A gorgeous Play rug from mimoo on etsy. One of our favourite gifts we received when Charlotte was born was a unique handmade play rug. It got used every day, every where when she was little. And it has been my quest ever since to find something similar and just as nice to give someone else as a baby shower present – as very few people would remember a play mat is needed.

I love the colours and stripes on this one, for a boy or girl. I also love her apple play rugs too.

Next my search found this gorgeous set at Crab Apple Bedding


I love her retro vintage prints, and that you can get matching cushions and even buntings. Corinne’s quilt covers are custom made and can even include your child’s name.

And if there is a boy in my belly at the moment, I will have trouble not buying this one


Lastly (before I had to drag myself away from the computer at 11:30pm)

I found this gorgeous site Rachael Zelensky

A team of two sisters who together can create a gorgeous Children’s room in gorgeous Themed quilt sets and paintings to match.

I love the Ballerina and Cupcakes set



And this gorgeous Fairy Garden painting – takes me back to my childhood and spending hours searching for Fairies in the bottom of my Grandmother’s garden...


I think I am going to have more trouble deciding on her big girl room... Especially because I haven’t even started searching mermaids yet!



1 comments:

Karin said...

I love the crap apple set! Great finds :)